Data Hour (September)
Data Hour (September)
by Boxplot Jun 10, 2021
Watch the Webinar
Barb returns to PowerToFly as a guest speaker in the “Data Hour” webinar. The first half of this “Data Hour” webinar consists of answers that Barb has for some general and more specific data analysis-related questions that the audience has.
Some of the audience questions in this webinar include: “What is the best data programming tool for beginners?”, “What pathway can I take to begin a career in data?”, and “How can I translate data for non-data teams?”. Barb goes into great detail to answer these questions along with visualizations. More specifically, Barb provides examples and explanations for data in AB testing and how one can determine if their data is statistically significant.
Barb gives some advice and insight for various data-related topics such as how to develop quantitative skills and which MOOC or ‘bootcamp’ she recommends along with numerous resources.
The webinar ends with a live Q&A between Barb and the audience and a live demonstration in R.
View the Slide Deck
(Use the arrows in the bottom left corner to navigate the slides)
Post-Webinar Follow-up Emails
Here are the items sent out in the emails after Barb’s webinars (grouped by type of webinar, and general resources).
- If you would like to join Boxplot’s mailing list, you can do so here!
- Join this LinkedIn Question & Answer group where you can ask questions for free and be part of the data community.
- Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn. I post news, classes and other data analytics resources regularly. Boxplot’s accounts also post the same type of data analytics resources regularly: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook
- HighCharts (Barb’s recommended library for creating web-ready visualizations).
- Link my blog post with a list of free datasets
- Link to my full blog
- Link to my chat cheat sheet for choosing the right visualizations
- “For Dummies” Statistics Cheat Sheet
- AP Statistics study guide book
- Creating more effective graphs by Naomi Robbins
- Storytelling with data
- Practice SQL problems for free: HackerRank
Take an intermediate SQL course: